Friday 25 December 2015

Have yourself a Merry little christmas


Have yourself a Merry little Christmas. Hope that you are all having an amazing day doing whatever makes you happy. I have being having such a fun creating my family tree. I have learnt so much as well.


I have got to the point where I am starting to think about my next quilt. I have to admit that I have lost a bit of enthusiasm over the quilt I was creating. I was rushing through the blocks instead of savoring the journey. This is why I normally take a break from sewing in November and December.
The time off allows me to reconsider what I am making and whether it is a quilt that I would be happy to call my own. 
I hate not finishing projects. The question is whether to try another quilt or start hating quilting. I am addicted to fabric and it makes me sad thinking that quilting is over. 

I have the most splendid collection of Kona solids. What I need to do now is actually come up with a design. The design needs to be bright enough to make a statement. I want my dear Jane quilt to look like a faded dishrag in comparison. 

We have done the first part of Christmas. My eldest daughter and her husband came over and we have morning tea, nummy eats and received our presents.
I was given awesome gifts by my loving family. Joy Joy!. In an hour we are going to go to the before mentioned eldest daughter's house for Christmas lunch. This will be the first time in more than 20 years, where my husband and I have not hosted the Christmas celebration. It is a strange feeling sitting here at 11'o clock on a Christmas morning and not doing the entertain, get lunch ready, juggle.

Wishes to all for a day that makes you happy. A day where thing large or small fill your heart with gladness!

Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain