Thursday 1 October 2015

October - let's be festive

October is here and so is the hot weather. The temperatures are once again reaching 30 degrees Celcius. 

These are the two blocks for the centre of my quilt. I am trying to improve my applique skills.
My mother from 55 years ago. I am rocking the short hair.

Both of my parent had their Birthdays this week with my father reaching 83. Unfortunately my mother has been living in Heaven for the last 12 years. Her birthday was always celebrated on the 4th and 5th of October. This was not due to her being greedy for presents but rather from her having been told that her birthday was on the 4th and then her Birth certificate being registered as the 5th. My mother maintains that her father came into town from the farm and had a party before going to do the registration. Hopefully we can all think of her on either the 4th or the 5th and send her a mental greeting.

Sewing is coming along fine. I had an exra long weekend. I did not do as much sewing as I wanted to. All sorts of things conspired to keep me away from my needle and thread. It was still fun just to have some time off work.

My fabric that I ordered August last year and that started it's second trip in August this year, has as yet still not reached our continent.

Have a good one

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain