Saturday 12 September 2015

Progress is being made

Another Saturday morning and progress is being made. I now have 4 blocks and 14 triangles. It is really fun just choosing which block I want to do next. I am keeping the progress report on the Kathy Sampler tab. Summer is sneaking in, with a few days this week being extremely hot. It is cooler now and almost seems that it is going to rain again. We have had early rain this year and it is wonderful to see the garden being green again.

Have an amazing weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Kathy, I'm curious about the basting stitches I see on your blocks. Is that to keep the seam allowances in place?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi JanineMarie, Once I have finished paper-piecing the block. I take out all of the papers and give the block a good ironing. I then tack it onto a 15 X15 block. I then do 2 sides and a corner. I am doing this, as when I eventually put my Dear Jane together I was quite shocked as to how much too big some of the blocks are. Doing all of the sashing at the same time was also a bit of a pain. This will also help with not having "orphan" papers lurking in the depths of the quilt. Have an excellent day!

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain