Friday 1 August 2014

Hail Augustus hail.

Let me seize on the moment to say welcome to the month of August. July is behind us and so is the coldest month of the year. I know that September is supposed to be the start of spring, but, I always hold out for blossoms in August. My sister and I have birthdays in August and for each birthday, my mother took photos of us with blossoms in the back ground. 

I have now made 71 flowers. This takes me to 32.13% This last week was very slow in the sewing department. Life truly does get in the way of leisure pursuits. Some weeks are just hectic and this last one qualifies. I am still enjoying making the flowers and new border ideas are being investigated. Just goes to show that earning a living by being logical, can seriously eat into the nonsensical. 

Work is excessively hectic at the moment, with deadlines looming.
This does not mean that I will give into pressure and work during home time. I strongly believe in having the correct work/ home balance. I get paid for a certain number of hours and I will always make sure that those hours are productive.
My sister and I a hundred years ago
It still does not solve the stress that is caused. The stress is actually all of the interruptions that need to be addressed. Oh to work in a quiet peaceful little bubble.

Quilting is a lively little bubble. I love the Zen quality of piecing fabric to fabric.

Have an amazing day.  


2 comments:

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain