Monday 9 December 2013

Numbers abound

 Quilting has been progressing at a pleasing pace. I use YLI quilting thread and as you can see from the next photo, I am about to finish a second spool of 1200 yard thread.
As is my want this sparked off a whole lot of number gathering. I have now been quilting for a whole five years .. well three weeks short of it as I started this flurry of making bedding on the 1st of January 2009.
In that time I have used up 2400 yards of YLI thread. 2252 yards of cotton thread to piece the quilts and about 900 yards of other quilting thread that I used on my first quilt. If I just stick to the YLI thread then this is a whole 2 km of thread that has been stitched.
2 km of 2400 yards sounds a lot, but when you see a visual representation, it becomes even more amazing. In structures you would need this repeat of these landmarks to get to 2 km.
 This bridge is 2 km.

 You would need 2 of these scenes to make up the quilting thread used.
If we now talk about all of the thread that I have hand stitched a whopping 5552 yards of cotton.  This is 5 km or 3.15 miles. No wonder I have calluses on my fingers.


Have an amazing day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain