Tuesday 24 April 2012

Juxtaposition

Well it sure is cold and miserable here at the moment. Today I was at home and tried to do some quilting. The cats too , thought it would be a great idea to do some quilting. Both of the sweet creatures curled up and undertook to do a six hour cuddle and being a silly softy I didn't have the heart to shove them off. I just stuck to the corner that I had access to and enjoyed quilting there. The quilting is coming along well. Hopefully soon I will be able to have finished pictures.

Here is another bit of the study. The word  juxtaposition comes to mind as nothing in this picture actually relates and yet is a microcosm of what me and my family likes. I find it interesting that although an outsider will see stuff, the people who live with the objects will actually see the history that each item reflects. The items on the study cupboard remind me of all the people who gave me gifts. Of the shopping trips to buy other parts of the items and the years that the items have witnessed in my life.
Well that is about it on this nippy evening.

Have a good one

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain