Thursday 2 February 2012

Q2 - swirl quilt revisited

I finished my swirl quilt. in August of 2010 and thought I was very clever by not quilting it too much.

This proved to be stupid as it lacked texture so when I had done all the blocks for the irish chain quilt about 2 weeks ago, I got the quilt down and started quilting again. Previously I had just quilted one out of every 3 diamonds that made up the hexagon that made up the square, by doing this I quilted a nice swirl pattern that followed the colours, WHat I have done now is go through every diamond and am currently adding flowers and leaves to the border. The border was supposed to represent a wall around a garden and the swirl was nature...I know pretencious.. I think I have covered all the diamonds and I am now busy with the border.

Have a good one

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain